Travis focuses his practice on commercial real estate and land use law. He joined Wilson Cribbs + Goren in 2017 because of the firm’s expertise in servicing a wide range of real estate clients, from first time investors to publicly traded companies.
Travis enjoys working with the firm’s many long-time clients as well as counseling clients who are new to the real estate industry. “Our clients have interesting projects that help shape the City of Houston. It’s extremely rewarding to work with the client to get these projects off the ground and across the finish line.”
Travis serves clients in a wide range of real estate matters, including:
- Acquisitions, dispositions and development of all types of real estate (including commercial, multifamily, industrial, condominium projects, residential and raw land);
- Commercial leasing for office, retail, industrial, and warehouse space;
- Land use and entitlement matters such as zoning, platting, and vested rights; and
- Representing developers in forming property owners associations and drafting covenants and easements for commercial business parks;
- Business law matters such as entity creation and corporate governance.
Prior to joining the firm, Travis practiced in the corporate department in the Houston office of Duane Morris, focusing on mergers and acquisitions, securities, and corporate governance. He is organized, transparent, reasonable and keeps a positive attitude when working with all parties of a real estate transaction.
Travis understands that the complexities of the real estate business sometime require a lawyer to go above and beyond the call of duty. “Sometimes your client needs a hero, and you can’t miss that opportunity when it comes. Sometimes you have to drop everything you are doing to be there for a client when the deal is on the line.”
The benefits of working at Wilson Cribbs + Goren go beyond what we do in the office. “It’s a source of pride to visit a restaurant that I negotiated the lease for or a building that was built thanks to a construction contract I negotiated. I love the City of Houston and I’m proud that I am playing a role in shaping its landscape. I am excited to service clients as they continue to make Houston a great place to live, work and play.”
Travis obtained his B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of North Texas in 2012 and earned a J.D. from the University of Houston Law Center in 2015 where he was an Articles Editor for the Houston Law Review. He’s originally from Victoria, Texas. Travis enjoys playing guitar, bass and mandolin with friends and family, traveling and spending time with his wife, Katie and daughter, Maxine.
- Real Estate Transactions
- Land Use
- B.A., History and Political Science, magna cum laude, University of North Texas, 2012
- Moot Court, Member
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2015
- Houston Law Review, Articles Editor
- Research Assistant, Professor Kellen Zale
+Certifications and Licenses
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Bar Association - Real Estate Section
- Board Certified: Commercial Real Estate Law - Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Urban Land Institute
- "Industry Insights: Succeeding in Real Estate and Oil & Gas Transactional Practices," South Texas College of Law Real Estate & Construction Law Society Panel Discussion, 2020
- “Currently Not Current: How Current Needs Still Justify Current Burdens,” HLRe: Off the Record (October. 2014)
- Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch in Real Estate Law for 2022